Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
  • Pages:
10/11/14 ~ Rhino Rescue!
Topic Started: Oct 11 2014, 04:09 AM (2,246 Views)
Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

The Aftermath: Poachers Wreak Havoc
Poachers lay waste to twenty black rhinoceros in Etosha National Park, one of Africa's largest reserves.

Over the past month, poachers have snuck in under the cover of darkness and put a full twenty of the endangered black rhinoceros to rest for good. Although the park officials are doing their best to bring these men to justice, they also must think about the rhinoceroses still alive in the park. In an effort to prevent further loss of life, the RTZI was contacted and asked if we could take twenty living rhinoceros - ten females and ten males into our custody while the poachers are caught and the reserve thoroughly reinforced once more.

Active members will be allowed to adopt a single mating pair of black rhinoceros, and provide a temporary home to them before they will be recollected and returned to Etosha on November 11th. Any offspring born in the park will be the park's to keep once the adults are returned to the wild. All of the rhinoceros have been tagged with small chips behind the ear, identifying them with a number and their genetic material taken and examined, each offered pair are unrelated to each other, this will hopefully not only save the lives of these Rhinos but help the captive population with a boon of new blood for genetic diversity.

Rules:
  • Members can take no more than two black rhinoceros.
  • Owner must show proof the the black rhinoceros are living and thriving at your park.
  • If you breed the rhinos, you are allowed to keep any children once they have reached maturity.
  • An enclosure must be shown with proper outdoor and/or indoor housing.
  • You must have the rhinoceros living in your park for at least four real world days.
  • A minimum of 10 photos must be shown in total including the exhibit, the rhinos, any calves, and there re-release back into the wild.

Prizes:
  • Members who complete the challenge will receive the following:
  • 300 Pointies
  • 50,000 Zoo Points
  • A common (least concern) pair of ungulates.

Black Rhinoceros:

Black Rhinoceros 1 (M) ~ Knertje2208
    Black Rhinoceros 2 (M) ~ Delirium
    Black Rhinoceros 3 (M) ~ Dinosaure99
    Black Rhinoceros 4 (M) ~ Dacentru
    Black Rhinoceros 5 (M) ~ Izzibob
    Black Rhinoceros 6 (M) ~ AVCDPS
    Black Rhinoceros 7 (M)~ BBBurns
    Black Rhinoceros 8 (M)
    Black Rhinoceros 9 (M) ~ Umpaloompa
    Black Rhinoceros 10 (M)

Black Rhinoceros 1 (F) ~ Knertje2208
    Black Rhinoceros 2 (F) ~ Delirium
    Black Rhinoceros 3 (F) ~ Dinosaure99
    Black Rhinoceros 4 (F) ~ Dacentru
    Black Rhinoceros 5 (F) ~ Izzibob
    Black Rhinoceros 6 (F) ~ BBBurns
    Black Rhinoceros 7 (F) ~ AVCDPS
    Black Rhinoceros 8 (F)
    Black Rhinoceros 9 (F) ~ Umpaloompa
    Black Rhinoceros 10 (F)

Members who have completed this challenge:
    Umpaloompa
    izzibob
    BBBurns
    Dinosaure99
    AVCDPS
    Knertje22098
Edited by Azrael, Nov 9 2014, 02:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Knertje2208
Member Avatar
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

Sriwijay zoos inc. Would like to adopt a pair for Bottmingen zoological park and aquarium!
Edited by Knertje2208, Oct 11 2014, 06:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Robbie
Member Avatar
●■♥WHY?♥■●

BZA would like to take a mating pair of black rhinoceros ( one male and one female ). Thank you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Each of you has been leased a mating pair of rhinoceros, good luck!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Umpaloompa
Member Avatar
~ lore me up ~

Male and Female, please! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Male Rhino 7 and Female Rhino 6 for BEAZA (One Male one female :to avoid confusion:)

EDIT: I made their exhibit. It is a rebuild Javan Rhino one.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Kohana, Oct 25 2014, 12:23 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

BZS would like a couple
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Dacentru
Member Avatar

WCZA would like a pair please. :)
Edited by Dacentru, Oct 25 2014, 11:01 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Your not supposed to post pictures here in this topic :/ Pictures are for your press room. You can post a link to their quarters here.

Anyway, the animals have all been leased, remember to be quick, you need proper documentation (photographs) of everything, and regardless of when you signed up, the animals will return to Etosha on November the 11th!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

Challenge completed ! http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Round_Table/topic/10689502/1/?x=0#post8538094
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Sorry, I forgot to add it, but just like with the Otter Challenge, you must show that the rhinoceros have been living in your park over the course of at least four real life days. And two of your pictures are the same, only making it nine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

Oh, okay, didn't know about that. What do I do ? Do I repost the link of my challenge here in some days or is it okay ?
Gonna change the pic
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Because I did not specify before you posted your challenge, it will be accepted in four days time (on the 30th).

However for anyone else after this point, the animals need to have been in your zoo and preferably are shown over the course of that time to show your actually performing the challenge. A good example of these are shown in Mamota's Press Room with the Giant Otter challenge. Though you don't have to do it exactly as I did.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Knertje2208
Member Avatar
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

is it als okay to send the Rhino's to an RTZI wildlife reserve to complete the challenge??
Offline Profile Goto Top

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

No, the animals are intended to be in a park of your's, for at least four real life days, you can then "complete" the challenge and if you've met the criteria, I'll approve your challenge; however on November the 11th, all of the rhinoceros outside of offspring should you decide to keep them will be taken back by the society and returned to Etosha National Park from whence they came.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoo Challenges · Next Topic »
Locked Topic
  • Pages: