Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Just being myself; how a 19 year old with ADHD reacts to the internet and tries to socialize but has problems
Topic Started: Apr 2 2015, 12:06 PM (9,076 Views)
54godamora
Member Avatar

i have had an idea: at school and when the teacher lets me to,i give a lecture about anything relating to prehistory.How about i give lectures here as well? Also,all lectures are audience request,meaning someone from the class asks me about something related to prehistory.What do you guys think about that?
Just ask what you want me to lecture about.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Phoenix Fox
Member Avatar
King of the Punsters, Khaleesi of the Great roundtable, Breaker of Silence, and Father of Puns.

Did dinosaurs have feathers?
Are there such things as pachcephalasorus?

54godamora
Member Avatar

As for your first question, depends on the dinosaur: small dinosaurs had feathers to keep warm; larger dinosaurs only had feathers either for display or warmth if they were in a polar region, so I sort of against the feathered t-rex idea. Sorry.

As for pachycephalosaurs, they do exist. I consider them the rams and goats of the dinosaurs, using their skull to ram into either their sides or flanks in defense against predators or to establish dominance over a herd or territory. Also, to females, they probably looked attractive, meaning males had their domes brightly colored.

Phoenix Fox
Member Avatar
King of the Punsters, Khaleesi of the Great roundtable, Breaker of Silence, and Father of Puns.

remember that we do not have a full skeleton! for all we know the skull could be an egg or rock and the bones could be another dino's like what happened to the brontosaurus! but for now enjoy :)
Posted Image

54godamora
Member Avatar

Also, these are just my opinions on prehistory related topics, so no arguments please.
Edited by 54godamora, Apr 2 2015, 12:47 PM.

Francis
Member Avatar
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have

Since this topic has nothing to do with ZT2 , I moved it to this section.

54godamora
Member Avatar

sorry, I couldn't find this section on the main page.
Thank you for not taking it down.

Francis
Member Avatar
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have

It's ok dw :)

Posted Image Guat
No Avatar

Actually most, if not all, Coelurosaurid theropod dinosaurs had feathers including Rex. Also a few basal ornithopods were found with feathers as well. Also feathers don't work like fur, since feathers can also be used to cool down so there's no reason to assume that Tyrannosaurs did not have any feathers. Remember we found feathers on Yutytannus. Also the reason elephants and rhinos have barely any hair is because they had semi-aquatic ancestors. We do however know that certain dinosaurs had scales and not feathers.

Luca9108
Member Avatar
Master of Dinosaurs

AVCDPS
Apr 2 2015, 01:11 PM
Actually most, if not all, Coelurosaurid theropod dinosaurs had feathers including Rex. Also a few basal ornithopods were found with feathers as well. Also feathers don't work like fur, since feathers can also be used to cool down so there's no reason to assume that Tyrannosaurs did not have any feathers. Remember we found feathers on Yutytannus. Also the reason elephants and rhinos have barely any hair is because they had semi-aquatic ancestors. We do however know that certain dinosaurs had scales and not feathers.
Yes, when a elephant sized Yutyrannus has feather, why not a T-Rex? But if I am right the ornithopod feathers aren't the same as the theropod feathers.
Edited by Luca9108, Apr 2 2015, 01:33 PM.

Posted Image Guat
No Avatar

Luca9108
Apr 2 2015, 01:31 PM
AVCDPS
Apr 2 2015, 01:11 PM
Yes, when a elephant sized Yutyrannus has feather, why not a T-Rex? But if I am right the ornithopod feathers aren't the same as the theropod feathers.
Yes. Ornithopod feathers are different from theropod feathers. Though they both share similar materials.

Luca9108
Member Avatar
Master of Dinosaurs

Pheonix the fox
Apr 2 2015, 12:46 PM
remember that we do not have a full skeleton! for all we know the skull could be an egg or rock and the bones could be another dino's like what happened to the brontosaurus! but for now enjoy :)
Posted Image
The skull doesn't look like a egg: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6c/Pachycephalosaurus_skull.JPG

Phoenix Fox
Member Avatar

I said it could be! It might even be a stone! Here is another question! How many extinct animals are there that we know so of now?

Luca9108
Member Avatar
Master of Dinosaurs

Pheonix the fox
Apr 2 2015, 01:43 PM
I said it could be! It might even be a stone! Here is another question! How many extinct animals are there that we know so of now?
Because we know many different Pachycephalosaur species I don't think it is a stone.
And if I am right we now hundrets of extinct animals.
Edited by Luca9108, Apr 2 2015, 01:50 PM.

54godamora
Member Avatar

Okay lets establish some ground rules:
1. This topic is about you guys asking me about prehistory.
2. No asking other people questions.
3. No arguements unless you want to be reported.

Now then,who has a question for me to answer that relates to prehistory?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Blog Corner · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: