Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!
Make a forum zoo!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
The Early Jurassic Project; Title in the works
Topic Started: May 21 2015, 03:29 AM (10,589 Views)
Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Hi, I'm setting up models for Dilophosaurus as well as it's contemporaries in the early jurassic, hopefully for a game in the unreal engine.

If you wish to assess my modeling skill my DA and YT are good places to check.

The game is to be something of a simulation, but not Saurian or Dinosaur Battlegrounds(In admiration of their work I wish not to plagiarize them)

The game's going to be a tad more speculative, it's going to exercise some of the wilder theories out there in terms of dinosaurs (Think All Yesterdays), and while I'm a decent modeler, I'm not very good at animation and that is the team member I need the most.

Other modelers and anyone with the time and ability are all welcome, I want this to be a project open to input and contribution :).

I'm open-minded and open to criticism.

So if you're interested in joining the effort, please post below!
Edited by Spooky Gecko, May 21 2015, 03:33 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Dilophosaurus Concept Model(Subject to change)
Posted Image

gerbilman
No Avatar
GERBIL

what program are you using for modelling / animation?

Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Blender for modeling and animating, here's an example

The game is to be designed in Unreal.
At the moment it's a solo project and I'm hoping to build a team on it, I don't want to raise any hopes just yet since I know exactly how dinosaur indie projects go down. :)

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

The dinosaur looks great. I love the detail on crests.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Tyranachu
Member Avatar
Nerdasaurus

I'm curious though, how does skinning the models work? Is it similar to how ZT2 models are skinned? :)

Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Yes it is, as that's the most convenient way for me (However the models use bump and normal maps as well as colored textures). And if I ever complete this project, I want to make it mod friendly.
Edited by Spooky Gecko, Jun 7 2015, 01:59 AM.

Cheshire Litten
Member Avatar
The Eyes that follow you in the Alolan forests

Mod friendly? so you mean i could place a Kentrosaurus in the game with a mod? :D or even Freddy Fazbear? :o
Oh this game is sounding great already and it has not even got the first trailer :like:

b13nd3r
No Avatar

Tyranachu
Jun 7 2015, 12:47 AM
I'm curious though, how does skinning the models work? Is it similar to how ZT2 models are skinned? :)
That's how it works for practically any digital project.

Anyhow. Looks cool. I wish you the best of luck. I haven't any experience with Unreal, though I've heard mixed emotions regarding it.

Owen Grady
No Avatar

I would love to model and animate! However I wouldnt be much help in unreal but am willing to learn ;)

Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Any and all help available would be great! After chatting with a mesozoica dev on skype, I've switched to Unity.

Bill
Member Avatar
originally, one_piece

just 1 quick tip, lighten up your render, we can barely see any detail on your dinosaurs currently with your rendering style. having a good preview is very essential to gather people's interests ;)

Helryx
Member Avatar
bean

Do you need a skinner? I'm fairly good at skinning now. :D

Paleodude
Member Avatar
ex-Krampus

I'm not very good at modeling but I can do concept art, I will try and pull some stuff together to PM you.

Spooky Gecko
Member Avatar

Thank's Paleodude, but I've got that as well as music covered on my own.

Here's some controls testing as well as some of my own music added, it honestly doesn't amount to anything.

I'm going to avoid hyping of any sort until I have a substantial amount of work done, so many projects go under or simply don't live up to promises.

Sorry about the skype notification noises.
Edited by Spooky Gecko, Jul 5 2015, 02:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Game Designing · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: