Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!
Make a forum zoo!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Cucamonga Zoo; Indian Temple - Bengal Tiger
Topic Started: Aug 4 2015, 11:30 AM (62,709 Views)
Mario
Member Avatar

Posted ImageWELCOME TO THE CUCAMONGA ZOO !
The Cucamonga Zoo (former California Zoo) is located in the south of Los Angeles, USA in a midsize City called Rancho Cucamonga. This City is the birthplace of the founding father of the Zoo, Michael Griffin.

The Cucamonga Zoowas founded in 1984 as a personal Park of the Griffin family. Michael Griffin made his billions in the textile industry and telecommunication, during his business trips he travelled through the world, especially Asia and Australia and later in South Africa. Time after time he collected animals and different flora. For the first time the park was opened to the public in 1991 with the theme worlds Wild India, China and the African savannah. The park enlarged up in 2000 to 30 ha and opened a butterfly house and added a North American theme world, which shows mountain and coast animals.
After the death of Michael Griffin in 2003 the Griffin Park was closed and the animals were sold or loaned to other zoos. A short time later, the youngest son, Paul Griffin, overtook the Zoo Direction and developed with the Griffin family and other zoologists a master plan which should convey the charm of an old classic an a modern Geo-Zoo. Visitors should have the feeling to make a tour around the world through the flora and fauna of the Earth and discover the incredible variety of animals. Why the motto was once chosen to “A trip around the world in one day”. The many small enclosures should be then merge to large exhibits, where many different species can coexist in their common origin. It is still trying to maintain the historic buildings like the “Indian temple”, but new buildings and renovations are unavoidable, so the historic Zoo changed his facade.

After the closing of the park in 2003 it is the plan to reopen the Cucamonga Zoo, which is the new name of the Griffin Park, at the 10th september 2015. At this date the Zoo will consist of the theme worlds of India, China and North America. Later it is planned to open other attractions like Australia or Africa, which are currently under construction. Now the Zoological part of the park has a size of 17 ha, when the second part of the masterplan with Africa and Australia is finished the Zoo will have a size of 38 ha. Because of the huge financial possibilities of the Griffin family and other beautiful places around the world, which we would like to add to our Zoo, it is planned to expand the Zoo until 2020 to a size of 60 ha.
We also want to follow the vision of the founding father Michael Griffin, and help to conserving species that may not survive in the wild. While captive populations are established for many reasons—such as conservation education, exhibit of interesting species, and research—establishing captive populations for saving species from extinction is an important contribution of or Zoo to conservation. Michael Griffin was an enthusiast of endangered animals and well known for his elephant and rhinoceros collections who lived in breeding groups. This tradition we want to continue with a modern animal welfare and an experience for humans and animals.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click for the African Sections

Posted Image
Click for the Asian Sections

Please click, if you want to open the specific updates of "Islands of South-East-Asia"
Edited by Mario, May 12 2018, 11:48 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zoo Tycooner FR
Member Avatar
DuckBeakIlluminati

OMG :o This looks so promising , the Map , logo , teaser , all is perfectly released :jawdrop: Can't wait to see more ;) I already know than you're a great Zoo Designer ;)

KoenZoo
Member Avatar

Promising introduction of the Zoo!

Also very nice teaser. Looking forward to the rest of the zoo ;)

Zephir
No Avatar

I may just give you one single blame : not showing us more atm :p

Reptileink
Member Avatar
(Feral Designs/DeepSix)

Wow, lots of work already being done here , and you haven't even really showed the zoo work! Looking forward to this one!

Mario
Member Avatar

Posted Image

We start our tour at the south-west entrance [Map 1/2], which is our gate to ASIA and to "Wild India"

Click to see the entrance
Edited by Mario, Jun 5 2017, 04:41 AM.

Stephen
Member Avatar
Stuck on Earth

Dang this stuff looks hot! I'll certainly keep following this S&T.

Awesome map you made by the way, looks like the real thing!

KoenZoo
Member Avatar

Amazing! Like the decoration outside the exhibit, makes it more feel like a real zoo.

Arvind 23
Member Avatar

Wow how realistic can the exhibits get?! Truly amazing!

Yukon
Member Avatar
insta: yukons_designs

Nope, not bad ;)

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Like every zoo you have made, incredible.

Pyroraptor Olympus
Member Avatar
FREE HUG !

It's amazing ! Good job ! :o

Posted Image Guat
No Avatar

This has got to be one of your best zoos. I love how beautifully the whole place comes together.

Zoo Tycooner FR
Member Avatar
DuckBeakIlluminati

One of the best ZT2 zoo :o I'm wordless to explain the Zoo Beauty . Simply and truly Amazing :jawdrop:

Tandala Mkubwa
Member Avatar

With the little you have shown so far, I can already say, I am /thoroughly/ impressed! The attention to detail is superb, your landscaping is on point, and I just absolutely love the idea behind the park... I can't wait to see what else you have in store! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoos & Aquariums · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: