Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Funny Zoo Stories
Topic Started: Jan 11 2016, 07:05 PM (2,672 Views)
Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Being zoo-fans we are all bound to have some funny stories at the zoo. Post some here.

I for one have been sprayed by an archerfish twice while trying to photograph a mudskipper.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Furka
Member Avatar

Back in my trip at Oliemeule (hope I wrote that right) I kep trying to make a B&G macaw say hello. I succeeded, but just as I turned back to announce my victory the bird let out a mad screech that terrified me.
Edited by Furka, Jan 11 2016, 07:38 PM.

Ztlabraptor211
Member Avatar

My mom was posed in front of a Bactrian Camel at the Toronto zoo and as my step dad took the picture, it spat a giant wad of grass in her hair. The photo got her reaction right as it hit xD

Fluffs
No Avatar
Pull my finger!

A long time ago at the Detroit Zoo there was a peccary that was in a rather odd position.

Turns out, upon closer inspection, that there was another peccary making sweet love.

Also at Detroit recently, one of my friends invited me to a zoo trip and he pointed out a gorilla taking a long, long pee, and someone decided to record it in slow-mo. And guess who ALSO recorded it on slow-mo as well :P

EsserWarrior
Member Avatar
EsserWarrior

One time, when my family and cousin took a trip to Minnesota Zoo as we took my cousin with us on vacation, we were looking at the Malayan Tapir/Binturong enclosure, and I was disappointed because it would have been my first time seeing a binturong, my favorite animal, and it wasn't there. But my whole trip was remade up to me when the Male Malayan Tapirs Genitals were bending down and dragging on the group. :x
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TheToastinator
Member Avatar
A piece of toast and a terminator.

Out of all the times I've been to the Detroit Zoo, here's some of my favorites-

Another time I was looking in a lungfish tank, trying to find it the last place I saw it. I can't see it, look up, and there it is, inches away from my face.

My favorite is when two chimpanzees were having some fun and one started sucking another's butt and they were play wrestling and atuff. I kept thing to myself, "Will I see chimpanzees mate?"

(Honorable mention: I saw a 4D film and it zoomed in on a rhino's rear end as it started to pee and we all gt sprayed with water.)
Edited by TheToastinator, Oct 8 2017, 11:15 AM.

Acinonyx Jubatus
Member Avatar
I AM THE UNSHRINKWRAPPER!

I work with a guy who got french kissed by a Giraffe.

Aside from that, not sure. I remember looking for Arapaima at the tank at the Vancouver Aquarium, then turning around and finding an ugly mug the size of a small desk looking through the glass two feet away from me. Scared me out of my wits, let me tell you.

And I got to pet a zebra at the Vancouver zoo! I wasn't supposed to, but it was RIGHT by the fence and if I leaned way, way over I could just about pet its fur.

Paleodude
Member Avatar
ex-Krampus

One time at Brookfield my little sister (who was like 4 at the time) had climbed the small rock wall separating the moat from the visitors and was trying to jump so she could, and I quote "hug the rhino cause it looks lonely". I legitimately caught her mid flight and was the scariest moment of my life and the funniest.

Admiral General Aladeen
Member Avatar

Got to feed the giant anteaters at the Roger Williams Zoo as part of a zoo career workshop thing.

Thing is, the anteater had it's tongue through the mesh gate, slapping the keeper's arm wildly while she opened the yogurt. In fact, I don't think I actually got closer than like two feet to it because of that ridiculous tongue xD

Zoo Tycooner FR
Member Avatar
I'll eat your soul

I was , in a small local zoo with my sister and my uncle .

We was seeing the llama exhibit . No need to tell what occurred to my uncle right ? :P

Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by Zoo Tycooner FR, Jan 12 2016, 01:41 PM.

EsserWarrior
Member Avatar
EsserWarrior

One time when we went to Wildwood Wildlife Park, you get to feed giraffes like you do at a lot of places, and the lady who was there said that rarely people will do the dare of feeding the giraffes with your mouth, so the first time we went there during the summer I did it, and the large male put his tongue in my mouth while I did it. And when we went the next summer, I did the same thing and he put his tongue in my mouth AGAIN. I have never felt so loved by giraffes. (They were reticulated giraffes if anyone was curious.)

Rebbie
Member Avatar
Winners never quit, and quitters never win

Well I went to a petting zoo one day with my younger cousins. It was 97 degrees outside, and we only had one water bottle a person. I went over to the llamas, and as I was standing there, a llama stuck its mouth all over my open water bottle. And of course, no one would share their bottles with me afterwards.

At a different time at the same zoo, I was petting a donkey that wasn't getting much attention. I started walking away, and the thing started going ballistic with asthmatic sounding hees and haws. I came back, it stopped. I went away and it started again xD
Edited by Rebbie, Jan 12 2016, 07:10 PM.

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

I've noticed a trend invoving llamas and camels xD

Jony
Member Avatar

The funniest thing that ever happened to me in a zoo, was in Cologne. I've visited the zoo with some people from a German zoo forum and when we reached the bonobo enclosure, a young bonobo was "playing" around with a ball. But the playing escalated to a sex show with the ball, the bonobo moved up and down...and I don't have to explain it more in detail :D xD
Edited by Jony, Jan 13 2016, 12:02 PM.

Guilmon
Member Avatar
Rob Schneider herp de derp, rated PG-13!

During most recent trip to the Franklin Park Zoo, there were these college kids playing music for some of the animals as an experiment. When they got to the gorillas, the big silver-back smeared feces on the glass.

Disgusting I know, but at least he got his point across....
Edited by Guilmon, Jan 15 2016, 06:54 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoo Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: