Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

We Are Converting to Tapatalk

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zoo Tycoon 2 models on The Models Resource
Topic Started: Nov 19 2016, 12:03 PM (1,697 Views)
Renee
Member Avatar

I found out that The Models Resource, a site that collects models from video games, have a bunch of models from Zoo Tycoon 2 in .obj format. https://www.models-resource.com/pc_computer/zootycoon2/

Some of the models are actually Radical Remake ones, I feel -- the guy who's ripping them said he's not entirely sure which ones are original and which ones are mods. That's probably nothing more than a misunderstanding. I feel like someone needs to alert them on this, I'd do it but I'm not entirely sure on which ones are all the original ones yet.

There's also some unused stuff like a sheep model and a volcano restroom, I'm not sure about their history, but I would love to get some information on it! I feel the sheep might have been from a scrapped petting zoo building, like the pony ride? Not sure.

Anyway, aside all this, it's a good clean way to get the original models for editing and the like, maybe? I thought I'd tell you guys as it might be interesting! Apologies if this is old news.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

Look at that, the cc crapper I made years ago for MMM. Looks like it was leaked with the rest of the old CC...
Only a handful models seem to be usermade, and as far as I can tell from a quick lool, all of those are mine. So the rest are vanilla Rapan models.

So I don't really care, but this site is definitely not on the white side of the line. I don't have the time or motivation to do something about it, anyway.
Edited by HENDRIX, Nov 19 2016, 12:19 PM.

tigris115
Member Avatar

I wonder why the domestic sheep ended up on the cutting room floor?

Incinerox
Member Avatar
Āeksiot Zaldrīzoti

HENDRIX
Nov 19 2016, 12:18 PM
Look at that, the cc crapper I made years ago for MMM. Looks like it was leaked with the rest of the old CC...
Only a handful models seem to be usermade, and as far as I can tell from a quick lool, all of those are mine. So the rest are vanilla Rapan models.
Nothing of old CC was spared.

Even old Isle of Wight species TTR made after you long left for AD were leaked before we even got to announce them.

I suppose it's good that our memes weren't lost to time at least. We've grown past that, even if progress is slow.

Renee
Member Avatar

So many abbreviations I'm left scratching my head. :P What exactly is MMM and the old CC, if I may be so bold to ask? I went on a big Zoo Tycoon hiatus up until about a year ago so I'm quite out of the loop...

But yeah, I too am unsure about the legality of this entire site. I managed to play around with a Waluigi model from there, which was cool, but also a mess considering weird old Nintendo 64 graphics. I'll poke them about the non-vanilla models they have of ZT sometime because, well, credit where credit's due! And leaks sounds fishy too..

Vozooro
Member Avatar

I wonder if one could upload a model from another game in ZT2 using this site?
Edited by Vozooro, Mar 19 2018, 09:11 PM.

Whalebite
Member Avatar

Renee
Nov 25 2016, 04:44 PM
So many abbreviations I'm left scratching my head. :P What exactly is MMM and the old CC, if I may be so bold to ask? I went on a big Zoo Tycoon hiatus up until about a year ago so I'm quite out of the loop...

But yeah, I too am unsure about the legality of this entire site. I managed to play around with a Waluigi model from there, which was cool, but also a mess considering weird old Nintendo 64 graphics. I'll poke them about the non-vanilla models they have of ZT sometime because, well, credit where credit's due! And leaks sounds fishy too..
MMM is Mysterious Map Marvels, an older designing team (2008) Here is a link to the [url=mysteriousmarvels.webs.com/]old site[/URL] They did the famous Jurassic Park Pack the old CC refers to Cretaceous Calamity which was perhaps one of the most wanted prehistoric expansions along with Miocene Madness and formidable seas. If I get my history right it suffered from leaks (like formidable seas) and the whole team and expansion collapsed. More recently there was a comeback that released a few things hence new cc, they seem to have disappeared.
This is clearly not good. I probably would avoid using the site.
I remember their was a site that leaked a bunch of stuff a couple years ago, it allowed access to some downloads that had been uploaded and not released, like some of Hispanium's work, they had this quoll they had teased that got out, and the team fell apart.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Designer Resources · Next Topic »
Add Reply