Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
What is this new purple thing I see?
Topic Started: Sep 20 2017, 03:19 PM (1,424 Views)
Jules
Member Avatar
Mihi est imperare orbi universo

About the "I don't understand" button

As it happens, at the moment of its creation, the ZT2 Round Table had a "I don't understand" button, which fit with the forum's spirit more than the downright negative dislike button. Of course, it was a reskinned and renamed dislike button, and a lot of the forum used it as such in any case, leading to confusion when it was actually used to mark non-understanding of something. After several cases of abuse of said button, the staff overwhelmingly decided to get rid of it to prevent such things happening again.

However, after widespread requests from several people and the fact that most of the members who abuse it are no longer active, we have decided to bring it back (with new colours, in fact!). However, in case of abusive use of it (as for harassment, provocation or anything going against site rules), it will be taken down again. Thanks for your understanding!

~TRT staff
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RGDS
Member Avatar

I had to test the button.

Posted Image Viggen
Member Avatar

If you open the list of people who used the button, it says "I understand" instead of "I don't understand". Just thought I'd point it out.
Edited by Viggen, Sep 20 2017, 03:56 PM.

SLGray
Member Avatar

I was wondering about this, too. I noticed it earlier today.

magpiealamode
Member Avatar
You ought to be thankful you're still drawing breath!

I don't understand

Posted Image Narukota
Member Avatar
blah

Jules

...and the fact that most of the members who abuse it are no longer active
no, im still here.

Posted Image Viggen
Member Avatar

Another thing I'd like to point out: when a single member uses the feature, it says "don't understand" next to their username instead of "doesn't understand". :P

DiegoThePython
Member Avatar

An I dont understand button makes more sense for this forum than a thumbs down. Thanks!

Phoenix Fox
Member Avatar
King of the Punsters, Khaleesi of the Great roundtable, Breaker of Silence, and Father of Puns.

I don't see anything purple? Just really salty

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply