Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Hialeah Zoo; Camels and Oryx
Topic Started: Sep 24 2017, 08:40 PM (8,011 Views)
Anolis
Member Avatar
Lazarus

Posted Image

Hialeah Zoo Species list

The Hialeah Zoo was founded originally as a small menagerie on private land in the early 1970's. As time passed and the park fell into different management, it was turned into a full scale zoological park. With that said, let's begin.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Behind us is the gift shop, but we'll visit that on the way out.
Posted Image

First is an exhibit for our two resident green iguanas.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Next door is the outdoor enclosure for our boa constrictor, V, who enjoys the steamy South Florida heat when the weather cooperates.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the overview of what we've seen so far.
Posted Image

More coming soon!
Note: some plants and other objects may be PU. Credits and thanks to their respective creators.
Edited by Anolis, Nov 19 2017, 08:19 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Loris Zoo Tycoon
Member Avatar

Beautiful start. The entrance and foliage are great, and the reptiles exhibits look very nice as well. Excited to see more.

ZoologicalBotanist
Member Avatar

I especially like how the foliage blends seamlessly with the exhibits in a way where you almost can't tell the animals are contained in fencing at all.

Jordan
Member Avatar

This is simply beautiful, amazing start :)

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Beautiful work! I really loved both aviaries and I'm eager to see more from you :)

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Nice start! Reminds me of a tropical version of the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, one of the best zoos in the country. Keep up the good work.

EsserWarrior
Member Avatar
EsserWarrior

You should join the RTZI ;)

Also, the foliage is very beautiful. Keep it up
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anolis
Member Avatar
Lazarus

Thank you very much for all the comments! :)
I've considered joining the RTZI before but it's just not for me, I'm not committed enough lol.

Heading down the trail we come to the park's first large exhibit, a paddock for our three Asian Water buffalo.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The buffalo share their enclosure with a pair of Chinese geese, and the two species get on well.
Posted Image

Technically, the geese can leave the enclosure whenever they want by simply slipping under the rope fence. However, they tend to spend most of their time in the buffalo pond.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for viewing!

emelizwri
Member Avatar

This is really good so far !! Love the foliage

tycoonfan
Member Avatar

I love it. It's great and very beautiful.

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Nice! I love how the geese are in the exhibit as well!

Fireplume
Member Avatar
Snok Snok Snerson

Burns
Sep 25 2017, 09:04 AM
Nice start! Reminds me of a tropical version of the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, one of the best zoos in the country. Keep up the good work.
This is a perfect way to sum it up! I agree you should totally join the RTZI, but if not it's still a great zoo!

Anolis
Member Avatar
Lazarus

Thanks for all the amazing comments guys, I really appreciate it!
Directly opposite the water buffalo is a large enclosure housing our trio of red kangaroos as well as our emu pair.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The kangaroos spend a lot of time lounging in the shade towards the back of the enclosure, while the emus wander around in the 'moat'
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A little further down is a small aviary for our two kookaburra. We have a blue winged male and a laughing female housed here.
Posted Image

The two species get along quite well. Here, the blue-winged preens while the laughing forages on the ground. Posted Image

Posted Image

Next is the zoo's first themed area!

Posted Image Flish
Member Avatar

Very good job with the foliage, however I feel like the low branches might be a bit too low for the emus and kangaroos, I feel like they're going to run into them accidentally. :P

Bhutan
Member Avatar

Looking forward to seeing the first themed area, great so far. I particularly like the architecture of the kookaburra aviary

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoos & Aquariums · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: