Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!
Make a forum zoo!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sand cat kittens seen for the first time in wild!
Topic Started: Oct 8 2017, 12:16 PM (362 Views)
Member Avatar
Ambassador of The Little Guys™

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sand cat kittens spotted for the first time in wild!

Being exceedingly rare creatures, seeing little kittens makes me happy. As noted in the article linked above, sand cats are incredible hard to trace.

"They barely leave any visible pugmarks, they don’t leave behind remains of their prey, and their vocalizations are quiet. They move stealthily at dusk, night, and dawn, they’re good at hiding, and their fur provides perfect camouflage when they want to vanish from observers and threats. But they don't run away."

That last part is what lead this opportunity to arise! Apparently the team are going to radio-collar a cat they believe to be the mother of these kittens so they can better learn about how they reproduce and rear their young, topics that have never been documented before.

Look at those eyes!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
Member Avatar
Ashitaka... can you save the girl you love?

Incredible. Sand cat adults already have sorta kitten-like proportions, and I love that their kittens are even more kitten-y. I die.
Zoo Tycooner FR
Member Avatar
I'll eat your soul

Yeah I heard about this before, I'm really glad to see this; especially since I know how incredible it is to see sand cats in the wild (let alone seeing babies for the first them), I've myself seen them a few times in Sahara and it has always been incredible experiences.
Edited by Zoo Tycooner FR, Oct 8 2017, 05:27 PM.
Member Avatar
Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.

Cats are disgusting critters
Even though I don't like cat's those kittens are so cute and fluffy :adowable:
No Avatar

This is so wild. What an exciting opportunity for the photographer and the rest of the team... Cute little dudes on top of it all.
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Pets & Wildlife · Next Topic »
Add Reply