Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Parkasaurus : My management dino sim game; A little introductin Parkasaurus
Topic Started: Dec 26 2017, 11:06 AM (5,759 Views)
Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

Hi all! Hopefully this is an acceptable area to post this message about Parkasauru. Me and a good friend (and cubicle mate) are making our dream game. We wanted a zoo dino management game that was really deep, where how you designed the shape, contents of your exhibit really matters.

Check it out: Parkasaurus Reveal Trailer

The two of us have been making games for a larger company for years, and have been working on this side project for about a year. Now we've decided to take the plunge and focusing all our time on Parkasaurus.

If this excites you (and we hope it does) - please help us out by being a Parkasaurus Warrior :) This means, follow us on twitter (@washbearstudio), check out our webpage (www.parkasaurusgame.com) or just posting about our game in other places (like this forum :).

Posted Image

Thanks! xo
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Denomon3144
Member Avatar
Pick a god and pray!

Hey. I've seen this game before; it looks great so far. The artstyle is certainly unique. Is Torvosaurus planned to be in the game?

Zoo Tycooner FR
Member Avatar
#Lithopédion

This looks wonderful, happy to see you're realizing your dream! :)

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

Denomon3144
Dec 26 2017, 12:12 PM
Hey. I've seen this game before; it looks great so far. The artstyle is certainly unique. Is Torvosaurus planned to be in the game?
Definitely could be. We plan to add about 10 additional dinos across our main dino "families" and have room for a few more theropods. We're trying to keep track of people's favorites :)

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

Zoo Tycooner FR
Dec 26 2017, 12:34 PM
This looks wonderful, happy to see you're realizing your dream! :)
Thanks. It's been real scary trying to go out on our own, but people like you are making us more confident :)

Jules
Member Avatar
Mihi est imperare orbi universo

Hey, we understand that you're new, but double posting is not allowed by the board rules. You can use that code if you want to put several quotes in the same post.
Code:

[quote=Member's Username Here][/quote]

That game really does look good though, I love the artstyle ^^ It's certainly very distinctive.

Lelka
Member Avatar

I like the trailer! Will we have some non-dino extinct animals?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

Lelka
Dec 26 2017, 08:51 PM
I like the trailer! Will we have some non-dino extinct animals?
We're thinking about it - in theory yes. We really love the idea of non-dino extinct animals. Are there any specific you have in mind?

Fireplume
Member Avatar
Snok Snok Snerson

Whoa this is spectacular! As for non-dinosaur extinct animals, definitely crocodilians, dicynodonts/other synapsids, and then your cliché fauna from the Pleistocene, like in ZT1.

BossAggron
Member Avatar
Formerly Dilophoraptor

Estemmenosuchus might be a good non-dinosaur to have

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

I'd love to update everyone regularly here - so I think the best practice is for me to use the same thread? If that's not right then sorry in advance :)

Posted Image

Dynamic biomes is a feature we’ve been hoping to make for a long time. In Parkasaurus designing your exhibit to be the perfect biome for your Dino friend requires you to be the ultimate zoo designer. By changing either water or elevation your exhibit is shifted into different biomes. Does your Dino require a Grasslands exhibit? If you checkout the picture one can see how changing terrain heights and adding humidity can push the biome from Desert into Grasslands. There are so many possibilities!

Lelka
Member Avatar

This is a fresh idea!

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

We're having a discussion this week on how to change the "bio diversity" game mechanic when creating your exhibits. A little background: In Parkasaurus designing & tweaking your exhibit to be perfect for your Dinos is one of our core pillars. Modifying water, terrain, vegetation, all matching whatever Dino species you happen to have brought back from time. (that's another story). Anyhoo - I had to remind myself the last status of our biodiversity calculation so made a quick exhibit for some Kentrosaurus (they're very shy). Thought you'd like to check it out.

Posted Image

Taky
Member Avatar
Parkasaurus Warrior

Fireplume
Dec 27 2017, 12:24 PM
Whoa this is spectacular! As for non-dinosaur extinct animals, definitely crocodilians, dicynodonts/other synapsids, and then your cliché fauna from the Pleistocene, like in ZT1.

A dicynodont is a greatsuggestion.

BossAggron
Dec 27 2017, 06:31 PM
Estemmenosuchus might be a good non-dinosaur to have

Yes! What is exciting about a Estemmenosuchus is how much fun it'll be model the head. These are both great suggestions, adding to the "oh god if this game is mildly successful and we have time to do all the things we wanna do" list.

Croc Master
Member Avatar

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Best of luck to y'all, I'm really hoping Parkasaurus manages to get somewhere.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Game Designing · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: