Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Zoo Game Development; New Game
Topic Started: Feb 11 2018, 09:26 AM (262 Views)
Cowmanfly
No Avatar

Hello, My name is Julio Mendez. I am the current leader of a project called Zoo Builder; a game which hopes to be the spiritual successor to zoo tycoon 2. It will be stylistically and game play wise similar to the game Prehistoric Kingdom. I have worked at a AZA accredited zoo for the last 4 years and hope to use the experience which I have from working there as well as skills from leading other projects to help make zoo game which is as realistic as possible while not overwhelming the casual user with customization options, which I see happening in many current games. I am running this project and if you have any questions, suggestions or assignments they will be coming to or through me. We are currently looking for programmers, modelers, artists and sound designers to help out on this project. If you want to learn more and even potentially join the team please contact me at cowmanfly.7@gmail.com. Hope to hear from may of you soon!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lelka
Member Avatar

I don't think this is the right section to post.

Tyranachu
Member Avatar
Nerdasaurus

Do you have any photos or proof of this project?

Cowmanfly
No Avatar

Currently the project is in the early phases with I having set most of the groundwork and an artist working on logos icons and promotional images. Here is a look at some of the logo work which has been done.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/1d66/f/2018/041/d/d/zoo_builder_logo_1_by_michell_vall-dc2rq6o.png

Furka
Member Avatar

Indeed this is the Project section for ZT2.
I'll move this topic to the Game Designing section.

Thiago Nunes
Member Avatar

Is it a game in the style of zt2 but with more realistic animals and graphics?

Cowmanfly
No Avatar

We are going to do this game in a realistic style but retain a lighter/brighter color scheme.

bunteriro
No Avatar

What is this "groundwork" which you have set?
And beside this simple zoo logo is there anything you can show? If someone is working on "promotional images" there have to be anything to promotion...

On this board you can find several discussions about making a new zoo game and the maijority shares the opinion that models, graphics and stuff like that is the easy part and the AI is the really hard thing to get working - and on a good AI everything else builds up.

Cowmanfly
No Avatar

I have worked towards getting all of the animals, objects, locations, plants, weather effects, biomes, and all of the underlying information required for these set up on a drive. I misspoke "mis-typed" when I said promotional art and should have said conceptual art. We are looking for coders who can work on AI because like you said, it will be ultimately the programming that makes the game. Again this is very early in development and has only yesterday started to gain members as I only yesterday started to recruit people for this project.

Tyranachu
Member Avatar
Nerdasaurus

what role will you play production-wise? I'd love to see what you have done so far for the actual game

ChunkMasterBlast
Member Avatar
Starting designer

Zt2 is a great game. I'd really like a game that has a little bit the feeling of zt2. Better graphics are much needed, but as others have said, coding makes or breakes the game. I'm really interested in more realism and in some more custom options. And plz tell me: Will there be a shark tunnel? (Thank God when there will)
Edited by ChunkMasterBlast, Feb 13 2018, 07:20 AM.

Cowmanfly
No Avatar

We are currently focusing on mostly terrestrial and arboreal animals with a few aquatics and areal animals. We are wanting to make a user friendly game with tons of customization options for exciting exhibit design. I will function as a team leader, artist, promoter and have a ton of experience with zoos as I've worked at on and continue to. We are still looking for modelers, coders and artist (conceptual mostly but also graphic designers) Unfortunately the current members of the time are on nearly opposite time zones of me so progress has been slow. If you're interested please contact me at cowmanfly.7@gmail.com

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Game Designing · Next Topic »
Add Reply