Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Leuven Zoo
Topic Started: Feb 11 2018, 10:48 AM (3,352 Views)
Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

After a few years without showing any zoo, I finally had some free time to work on a new zoo !

The Leuven Zoo opened in 1893 in Belgium. At the beginning, the park was housing domestic animals, parrots, primates and some african ungulates. Twenty years later, the most visited zoo in the country and was housing the rarest animals : Malayan tigers, giant pandas, sea otters,... When the director died in 1926, the zoo was housing more than 15 000 animals from 700 differents species. In 1993, to celebrate the 100th anniversary, the direction of the Leuven Zoo decided to start a big masterplan. The Zoo is now completely modern and one of the most popular in Europe.

We are now beginning our visit. We'll start by the main entrance

Posted Image

After buying your ticket, you can get in the park and visit the souvenirs shop. The shop was the first to include a big recifal aquarium in its walls.

Posted Image

Posted Image

After buying some souvenirs, we go along the Flamingo Lagoon. This enclosure is housing a group of Caribbean Flamingos and Bernier's Teals

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for today ! Next time, we'll visit the Pengiun Creek

Edited by Dinosaure99, Feb 11 2018, 10:48 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Burns
Member Avatar
King of Lemurs

Great to see you back into zoo-building. Keep up the good work!

Priya
Member Avatar
Lion Lover

Nice waterfowl pond

Lucoshi
Member Avatar

I really like the realistic feel this zoo has. Can't wait to see the penguins exhibit!

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone ! I'll probably post the next update tonight or tomorrow :)

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

New update : Penguin Creek

The Penguin Creek opened in July 2013. It was the last exhibit to be renovated and is housing a colonny of African Penguins. You can watch the penguins under water or meet them face to face. You can also have a cocktail or a cup of coffee on cold days in our small café right in front of our tank.

Posted Image

If you go left, you can watch the penguins lying on the sand or taking care of their eggs

Posted Image

If you go right, you can see them swimming and go to the café

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you keep walking, you leave the penguin creek and arrive to the Brock's Castle

Posted Image

Hope you like it, tell me what you think in comments ! :)

Edited by Dinosaure99, Feb 14 2018, 03:05 PM.

Bhutan
Member Avatar

How do you manage to get the water so clear in the underwater viewing??
Looks great, and I'm glad you are back, hopefully for a long long time

Priya
Member Avatar
Lion Lover

Nice updates with the snaps

Timmiegun
Member Avatar

Looks great from what we can see! Would love to see more of the enclosure itself!

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

Thanks everyone !

@Bhutan I actually prefer when the water is not so clear but I never manage to make it less clearer. I tried changing the settings but it doesn't work hahaha

Dinosaure99
Member Avatar

New Update : Aquarium

After leaving the Penguin Creek, we now discover a small building, that's the Aquarium ! The aquarium is dedicated to salt water fishes; fresh water animals have been included in the different parts of the park. The aquarium contain two medium tanks where live recifal fishes and coastal fishes. The last one, the biggest is housing our breeding couple of sharks and some other big fishes.

The building was designed to be as ecological as possible. One part of the roof is completely vegetal and the other side is covered with solar panels. All the filters, lights and heating are completely powered by our solar panels

Let's now begin our tour !

Posted Image

When we get inside the building, we have a tank on both side and the big one in front of us

Posted Image

The coastal tank is on our left and is housing a few species of fishes. If yu're lucky, you'll spot our Northern Wobbegong

Posted Image

If you turn right, you'll see the recifal aquarium. We house many colorfull fishes such as Clown fishes, Angel fishes, Red fire goby,...

Posted Image

Finally, we go downstairs to discover the big aquarium

Posted Image

Our couple of Bullsharkslive in this tankalong with a group of Permits and a stingray

Posted Image

We're now going to the sea lions bay, the show will start in a few minutes !

Hope you like it, tell me what you think in comments :)

Loris Zoo Tycoon
Member Avatar

Wow this is awesome. The building looks great, especially the rocks and foliage. The tanks definitely aren't bad either!

Dwarfbomb
Member Avatar

AMAZING UPDATES!!! i really love your penguin exhibit!!!

Lucoshi
Member Avatar

I really like how the roof has different sections, which makes it look very interesting and pretty. Great stuff!

Posted Image Azrael
Member Avatar

Really wonderful updates, I adore the aquarium, it looks so modern!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zoos & Aquariums · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: