Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Zoo Attractions & Decorations
Topic Started: Mar 1 2018, 11:44 AM (676 Views)
LilyValley
Member Avatar

Us fans of Zoo Tycoon love the game. But, seeing as official development ended in 2008, the gameplay and features can be very limited sometimes. Sure, you have lots of animals whether they are as part of a mod or official list, there are more than you'll ever need! But then the guest features, buildings, rides, anything that caters to them seems a little... lacking. I understand that there's only so much you can do in terms of coding, though. But for this list, let's ignore what is possible and what isn't.

I wanna see some theme park integration! Track rides, stationary rides, ferris wheel, trains, monorails, anything! Since this list does not follow the limitations, let's go ahead and say these are fully functional. There may as well be admission booths or ticket stands where guests can use a little money to gain access to a ride or two, or every ride the zoo offers.

And mini exhibits with their own unique designs! A cylinder terrarium or aquarium with specific inhabitants would be a great addition. Any special exhibit not able to be made normally, like non standard architecture, a modern look, or curved display is good.

I think that's all I have to say for now. So, what other ideas are needed in the guests/attractions world?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

simplyorcas23
Member Avatar

LilyValley
Mar 1 2018, 11:44 AM
Us fans of Zoo Tycoon love the game. But, seeing as official development ended in 2008, the gameplay and features can be very limited sometimes. Sure, you have lots of animals whether they are as part of a mod or official list, there are more than you'll ever need! But then the guest features, buildings, rides, anything that caters to them seems a little... lacking. I understand that there's only so much you can do in terms of coding, though. But for this list, let's ignore what is possible and what isn't.

I wanna see some theme park integration! Track rides, stationary rides, ferris wheel, trains, monorails, anything! Since this list does not follow the limitations, let's go ahead and say these are fully functional. There may as well be admission booths or ticket stands where guests can use a little money to gain access to a ride or two, or every ride the zoo offers.

And mini exhibits with their own unique designs! A cylinder terrarium or aquarium with specific inhabitants would be a great addition. Any special exhibit not able to be made normally, like non standard architecture, a modern look, or curved display is good.

I think that's all I have to say for now. So, what other ideas are needed in the guests/attractions world?
I'd honestly have to say but roller coasters are like a hugely requested thing that i want to see in the game :)

PrimevalBrony
Member Avatar
Youtuber. Combat robotics fan

The problem with roller coasters is that the game was never designed with them in mind, so coding them correctly would be near impossible. The closest you could get is a Sky Tram tour style which would be rather slow

manape
Member Avatar

I love your idea of mini exhibits like a medium avairy for monkeys or cockatoos,a dome terrarium for platypus’s and ducks and reptile terrariums.

Japari-Emi
Member Avatar
Many animal friends! <3

Options for pre-made mini exhibits would be pretty cool, but making indoor exhibits is relatively easy thanks to modding. I sort of disagree on the theme park stuff. Smaller rides would be cool, but roller coasters seems like a bit....much? It'd introduce a lot more unnecessary stuff that'd make running a zoo difficult, and there's already Rollercoaster Tycoon for that.

SLGray
Member Avatar

One thing about rides is that there is a size limit to your zoos. If you add rollcoasters and things like it, you would run out of room fast.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ChunkMasterBlast
Member Avatar
Starting designer

Zt2 is kinda laggy sometimes. So things as complex and big like rollercoasters will definitly give the game engine nightmares

manape
Member Avatar

true but its impossible to make small terraiums and domes they either too big or wrong shape
Edited by manape, Mar 16 2018, 01:53 AM.

Whalebite
Member Avatar

Although it wouldn't look great you could make a roller coaster.
You can place roads on elevated paths, and I bet there is a way to make vehicles faster. have an elevated path that is just a beam with supports, and a new road that is a track and make a rollercoaster depot and a car, and you have one.
I think what is really needed is a train, one that flows with the track and people can sit on all the cars. they are in a lot of zoos and it is sad that they were never added.

Mini exhibits all the codding is already available, just look at the reptile house and mm aquariums. It would be doable with a descent understanding of bfbs and animation. I bet I could make a few terrariums and aquariums, I did it as objects years ago, but I have since made a functional terrarium object.
Edited by Whalebite, Mar 18 2018, 08:48 PM.

Dwarfbomb
Member Avatar

Whalebite
Mar 18 2018, 08:43 PM
Although it wouldn't look great you could make a roller coaster.
You can place roads on elevated paths, and I bet there is a way to make vehicles faster. have an elevated path that is just a beam with supports, and a new road that is a track and make a rollercoaster depot and a car, and you have one.
I think what is really needed is a train, one that flows with the track and people can sit on all the cars. they are in a lot of zoos and it is sad that they were never added.

Mini exhibits all the codding is already available, just look at the reptile house and mm aquariums. It would be doable with a descent understanding of bfbs and animation. I bet I could make a few terrariums and aquariums, I did it as objects years ago, but I have since made a functional terrarium object.
yeah i made a rudimentary roller coaster using the jeep system, elevated paths, and the invisible pathway so you can't see the pathway, and wooden poles. All that i would need is a faster speed jeep ride with some basic four person carts, and boom there goes the dynamite, a roller coaster. Sure it doesn't go upside down and the jeep tracks look weird, but it works. the jeeps can float mid air.

Japari-Emi
Member Avatar
Many animal friends! <3

Jeep Rollercoaster isn't a bad idea. Clever thinking!

Reptileink
Member Avatar
(Feral Designs/DeepSix)

Not sure if you know, but I have a bunch of pre-made terrariums on the Warehouse website. They don't have animations, but have reptiles and such.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Wishlists & Ideas · Next Topic »
Add Reply