Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Strange White baking image; Thank you very much for the help
Topic Started: Jun 20 2018, 05:53 PM (362 Views)
Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

Hello, here I am again

I was doing a model which I thought I would show it in the project square, but when I wanted to export it to the .nif file to do the "render" I got an error, I also tried to do it as a .bfb file
(Postscript ; I have Blender 2.76 and I install the Nif and blender files from hendrix drive)

I depend on what I want to do I get these two ads

Nif: "Mesh only has one vertex color layer default alpha, values ​​will be written for alpha values ​​add a second vertex layer, greyscale only"

Bfb: "mesh mesh 002, has 1 vertex color layer, must be eiter 0 or 2 (RBG And AA)

From what little I see is related to the color of vertex, which I do not know much about my inexperience

So I assume three possibilities; 1 I'm skipping an important step to finish the Model and be able to pass it to Nif / Bfb

2, There is something wrong with my model that prevents me from transforming it

3. There is something wrong in my configuration that prevents me from transforming it

I hope you can help me, and if you need a picture I would like to take it through imbox so that the project remains a surprise.

Thank you for reading
Edited by Ecnd, Jul 12 2018, 05:13 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

BFBs store vertex colors in RGBA format and that is a workaround for blender only storing RGB vertex colors. Basically, either add a second vertex color layer that holds transparency information (AAA), or delete the first one. Also, update your blender - that one is pretty old again.
Edited by HENDRIX, Jun 21 2018, 02:56 AM.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

The truth is that I am terribly slow and besides that I am a bit stuck, it has a little confused are two things

1 Many of the tutorials that are based on old blenders, I would like to know if there is any vital difference between old and new

2, I'm not entirely sure of the order in which to do it, at the moment I think it's like that, but correct me please if I'm wrong

Step 1 Meshing: create the base body for the animal / Object / Plant based panels

Step 2 Skinning: Use modified photographs to put the textures and colors in the concrete design

Step 3 Rigging: Use the bones and skeletons of the Bluefang materials / Designers materials to modify them and use the animations in your new model

Step 4 Coding: Encode the data so it can be possible to put in ZT2

Is it like that, or is there something I'm ignoring or misunderstanding?
Edited by Ecnd, Jun 23 2018, 11:31 PM.

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

The functions are generally still the same, but some things, like short cuts and user interface, have changed. Your order is good.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

Very well I decided to put all the problems I have here, just changing the name to clear faster

Now I have a problem with the UV Map, at the time of doing uv some problems that could solve, such as some panels and some faces that occupied double spaces (One Panel occupied two sides of a square or example)

But now I'm half lost, because for some reason the head is extremely small in the UV Map, plus the lower jaw is crossed with the upper jaw

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the union of the jaws is more weird in a close view

Posted Image

I'm pretty sure it's related to the faces and vertices that join the jaws, because in addition to what I said, when I select the panels that have contact with the vertices that join them, they do not appear in the UV Box (The other panels if they do)

I have reconfigured the union of the jaw and nothing has changed, I also eliminated the faces and put new ones ... Besides all that my model has no Doubles or turned faces

Does anyone know what problem it could have?

(Also thank you Hendrix for all help and the video tutorials )
Edited by Ecnd, Jun 24 2018, 02:57 PM.

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

You did not properly set UV seams on the model before unwrapping.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

I re-edited it, I could project the image in the UV, but now a new problem comes to light; I do not get the image of the Bake

I followed all the steps of the Hendrix tutorial and I got the error of "Circular reference" but unlike the tutorial I never get the bake and the error appears again and again to the point that I get the blender (Bug?)

On the other hand I notice something strange in my model is that it has a brightness similar to those that put fish and dolphins in the models ZT2 (The brightness that seems a reflection when you remove them in the water) which certainly is not that provokes it and how to remove it (For the animal that I do it would be wrong to put that shine)

What are the things that will prohibit you from performing a bake? and how do I remove that annoying shine
Edited by Ecnd, Jun 27 2018, 02:23 PM.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

As I still can not solve what happens to my bake method, I have started to investigate and it turns out that there are two or three more skin styles.

The problem is that the Argentinian tegu black and white has a high range of variants (it is complicated to find images of animals with colorations and similar patterns) and as I am using the bake method I realized that that could be inconvenient

The tegus are incredibly variant in coloration but the scales are the same. What method should I use? , and where possible, is there a tutorial recommended?
Edited by Ecnd, Jul 3 2018, 09:00 AM.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

After watching three different tutorials and in two different languages ​​and 8 consecutive attempts to create skin and search for 2 hours, I feel that the last thing I hope to do is pray, ok no, but I am quite determined and stubborn to do this skin.

Done the step by step to make the image bake, and the same thing always comes out, although once I tried to do it from the base model and it came out as a super weird white origami (which did not have at all the shape of my UV Map)

And since the process is simple and I repeated it several times I'm almost sure that my problem is related to the configuration.

Here I leave a lot of images with my configurations of the base model and bake of Materials, Textures and Bake

Spoiler: click to toggle

If Someone who knows how to do a bake skin this needs to pass my model to be able to take a look, I'll gladly pass it on.
Edited by Ecnd, Jul 10 2018, 08:56 AM.

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

Sorry, can't be bothered to inspect this many images. What you have to keep in mind:
1) correct material setup: source and target must have different materials AND different textures AND different images assigned to them.
2) correct bake settings (yours look fine), you have to be in object mode to bake. Then select both models with shift+rmb, but the target must be selected last so it becomes the active object.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

They have no idea how much I appreciate the help, it turns out that although I was following step by step, and doing it over and over again, I did not realize I had the two selected, for an error so brazen I was about to make another model from scratch. to make sure I have a neutral configuration.

Posted Image

Although that leaves me with another problem, at the time of making the UV Map the image comes out with white, I also noticed that the Baking came out with the UV form of Project from view and not the original UVMap, so I did it again. the UVMap, however I deform the image

The Bake no longer has that circular reference that gives error, but now the Make me completely white (By the way I have two different UV Maps, but I have no idea if I have to assign to the base or bake model)

As a last detail the baking seems to "align" with the lower corner of the left as it is done.

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

Just upload the blend with packed Images, maybe i can then find the issue.

Ecnd
Member Avatar
Ecnd

Thank you hendrix but the problem has been solved by Zeros (He solved the problem by exporting and importing the model), there was also a problem with a couple of textures and the order in which to the bake, thank you very much for watching anyway ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply