Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

We Are Converting to Tapatalk

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Blender 2.7 to bfb trouble - solved!; Distortion in-game that doesn't match Blender
Topic Started: Aug 3 2018, 04:41 AM (162 Views)
Zebrasorus
Member Avatar

Yep, another topic about this. :P Unfortunately none of the existing ones were able to help me, so here's one more, but hopefully a little more specific.

Background
Basically, I have a model I made from scratch in the most recent Blender, and I downloaded and installed both Hendrix's BFB and NIF add-ons for it. So far, so good. Loving the software updates. I used this auto-rig tutorial, but of course went back through and weight painted any needed corrections. It's worth mentioning that the model looks great when I run the imported animations in Blender, so I'm very sure weight-painting is not the issue.

Problems with BFBs In Game
So at least with new Blender I'm cutting my losses with nifs, but so far any time I export to bfb, I get some very ugly distortion.

Posted Image

(This is supposed to be the lying down animation.)

I can't figure out what is going wrong for the life of me, but maybe someone more familiar with the process here will know. I did see that quite a few other people are having the distortion problem with exporting bfbs (although maybe not very well worded, often), so maybe that's a common error and I'm just missing something. But I've been staring at this all night, and I just can't seem to figure it out.

Previous Post - Partially Solved
Edited by Zebrasorus, Aug 5 2018, 06:02 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Wes
Member Avatar
Aurora Designs Member

Okay, not sure if I'm experienced enough to help you on this, but I'll try my best.
From what I know, the blender nif add-ons just don't work properly, and from what I've noticed myself, importing/exporting animals with anims/skeleton doesn't work. But bfb is easier in my opinion so I would defenitely recommend that :)
The last problem is easier, it's probably because there is no material, that's why it can't find the texture file and so it starts blinking. Give it a material in blender, export that with the model and then add a folder to your z2f called Materials, with the material file in it ;)
If you have any other questions, just ask me on skype!

Edited by Wes, Aug 5 2018, 06:36 AM.

Zebrasorus
Member Avatar

Thanks for the help with the material, Wes! That did fix the yellow/blinking weirdness.

Unfortunately I am still having the weird distortion in the game that isn't present in Blender. I'm also noticing that when the animals are placed near each other, they push each other 4-5 grid units away. This is the same thing the game does when you place animals inside each other, but scaled up a lot, so it's definitely misinterpreting something.

LilyValley
Member Avatar

You'll need to alter colliders. You'll see a wireframe type of capsule in Blender, which you'll fit to the model for animals. Make sure to hit ctrl-A and hit scale, so it will keep its size. After that, you will want to export your model again.

For distortion, you might need to weight paint. The most basic thing you can do is find a button typically on the left of your interface, Normalize All.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zebrasorus
Member Avatar

The tip about the capsule did fix the collision problem; thanks for the tip!

However, as I already said, the distortion in game definitely is not a weight painting problem. The model looks perfect with the animations in Blender.

LilyValley
Member Avatar

Maybe you'll need to apply location, rotation and scale to your meshes in Blender? Make sure those values are set to 1.0 with ctrl-a also.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zebrasorus
Member Avatar

You are a saint. That fixed everything, thank you very much!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Help & Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply