Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Royboy407's projects
Topic Started: Sep 21 2013, 10:57 AM (53,575 Views)
Rudyn
Member Avatar

My suggestions
Some of this?

Spoiler: click to toggle

Edited by Rudyn, Sep 22 2013, 05:34 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Royboy407
Member Avatar

@benjamin when you adopt a shoni it is in adult size but it will grow bigger to an old then it is fully grown!

@Rudyn thank you very much! i have choosen some you will see them soon! although i need size comparisons from these animals so it looks realistic ingame!

benjasaurus1
Member Avatar

@roy haha funny the first person who calls me by my normal name and that's fine :D , oh my little brother asks if you want to make a plesiosaurus can you do that for him? xd

Royboy407
Member Avatar

@benjamin yeah sure i am making new anims right now for lio and plesiosaurs so that will be fine!

benjasaurus1
Member Avatar

can't wait to see then btw you've made my little brother really happy now new anims for lio and plesio awesome :D

stygimoloch
No Avatar

Wow! I cant wait for the next update!

Royboy407
Member Avatar

lol here you guys go the first previeuw of what is containing in the pack:

Act1 Previeuw of the giant MOSASAUR!

Posted Image

Some Q&A's :

Q: it has many verts i suppose?

A: It has 5500 Verts BUT this is the first animal to my knowledge that uses LODS so the game wont slow down even a fraction!

Q: Where will it be available?

A: Here and on gaia!

Q: Are animals in the pack released as a pack or each animal seperate?

A: each animal will be seperately released so you guys can choose which one you like and which one not..

I hope i answered most of your quastions in here already if there are more quastions please ask! and if you have constructive criticism it is well appreciated!

I hope you enjoy this model as i enjoyed making it! :D

benjasaurus1
Member Avatar

ah good to know that they will be released seperatly i will test them all for bugs and if they work good :D

Similis
Member Avatar

Royboy407
Sep 23 2013, 12:11 PM
A: It has 5500 Verts BUT this is the first animal to my knowledge that uses LODS so the game wont slow down even a fraction!
So far I'm certain there were animals that used LODs, and the original game used them aswell :P Nice job though, good to see you thought of the vert count.

A question anyway: have you thought of adding nostrils to the model? With such high detail few verts wouldn't probably hurt :)

Royboy407
Member Avatar

uhm what are nostrils MRGorsh?

Okeanos
Member Avatar

Nice job, but you have a couple of artefacts and some unmerged vertices ;)

(Plus, for 5700 verts on an animal with paddle limbs you could have added a lot more detail. Ears? Nostrils?)
Edited by Okeanos, Sep 23 2013, 12:54 PM.

HENDRIX
Member Avatar
-retired-

With 5700 vertices you could archieve much more detail, define every muscle and every bone, but I do not see much definition anywhere. Looks like a subsurfed model to me, and that's not really something you should do for a game. EVER.

I added LODs to the numbat for nessich, to be exact. ;)

Royboy407
Member Avatar

i know that OS i am fixing that already and DM it is absolutely not subsurved but i want to know what nostrils are?

Similis
Member Avatar

Royboy407
Sep 23 2013, 12:47 PM
uhm what are nostrils MRGorsh?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Nostril

Hope it helps :)

Royboy407
Member Avatar

ah you mean nose holes?

lol it does have nose holes but no ear holes XD

that's because i wanted the shape to be more fluintly instead of adding that much detaill :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Individual Projects · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: