Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Shoot a firework rocket ~ Winners!
Make a forum zoo!

Welcome to The Round Table. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
philly's stuff
Topic Started: Dec 3 2013, 05:48 PM (3,328 Views)
philly
Member Avatar

Here is/was my project thread, check it out for my older stuff.

This is the place where I will post my projects in the future, there are various reasons for that I will explain later in this post. First how will this work in the future ?

That's a simple question to answer, I will show my stuff here, but keep I mostly as PU. I may release some projects, but I will then put up a message in my ZT2 project thread or you will see a release video on my YouTube channel.

Now why. Not so easy to answer. For once I don't think my projects get much appreciation. I tried to make things the people like ( and I also like ), but it is sort of annoying that none actually uses them. I only found 4 of all my releases during the last bit of time in S&Ts, and that even when some of the animals are on several wish lists. I know I can't force people to use them, but it still is annoying to do something without any use. I could have made animals I would have preferred instead, so I wasted my time.
Then I see that less and less Dino Parks are build and that all use the same animals, so I don't think anyone needs mine anyway, so I have no reason to release anything as well.
On the other hand I am becoming slower in designing and am pretty unstable in releasing, so this allows me to be a bit more flexible.

Project 1: Pneumatoraptor fodori

Posted Image

Reason:
Three reasons, I wanted it, I wanted a basic model for dromaeosaurs ( and relatives ) and I wanted to see how a beak looks on a raptor.

Information:
Pneumatoraptor was a Hungarian paravian ( basal dromaeosaurid ?) living in the freshwater basin of Csehbánya Formation. I think of it as a small ( 70 cm long ), heron like animal that mainly preyed on fish and other water animals. the skin comes mostly from the Great or Eurasian Bittern, but I strayed away from its body colours for a more redundant ( too redundant I fear, but it isn't that important ). I still like the outcome. the skin isn't excellent, I know, but at least better than one made with paint, and for a two hour work, it isn't that bad.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Furka
Member Avatar

well the model is nice but I think the skin needs some improvements; more texture on the beak, and the plain white belly contrasts too much with the rest of the skin IMo, I think some small spots on it would help ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jules
Member Avatar
Mihi est imperare orbi universo

The model looks excellent, though I agree with Furka here : the belly should also be patterned, and I advise using a parrot bill texture for the beak. The skin, as you said, is also too repetitive : adding a gradient or overlaying a washed metal texture would help.

the dark phoenix
Member Avatar
King of wonderlandia

philly
Dec 3 2013, 05:48 PM
Here is/was my project thread, check it out for my older stuff.

This is the place where I will post my projects in the future, there are various reasons for that I will explain later in this post. First how will this work in the future ?

That's a simple question to answer, I will show my stuff here, but keep I mostly as PU. I may release some projects, but I will then put up a message in my ZT2 project thread or you will see a release video on my YouTube channel.

Now why. Not so easy to answer. For once I don't think my projects get much appreciation. I tried to make things the people like ( and I also like ), but it is sort of annoying that none actually uses them. I only found 4 of all my releases during the last bit of time in S&Ts, and that even when some of the animals are on several wish lists. I know I can't force people to use them, but it still is annoying to do something without any use. I could have made animals I would have preferred instead, so I wasted my time.
Then I see that less and less Dino Parks are build and that all use the same animals, so I don't think anyone needs mine anyway, so I have no reason to release anything as well.
On the other hand I am becoming slower in designing and am pretty unstable in releasing, so this allows me to be a bit more flexible.

Project 1: Pneumatoraptor fodori

Posted Image

Reason:
Three reasons, I wanted it, I wanted a basic model for dromaeosaurs ( and relatives ) and I wanted to see how a beak looks on a raptor.

Information:
Pneumatoraptor was a Hungarian paravian ( basal dromaeosaurid ?) living in the freshwater basin of Csehbánya Formation. I think of it as a small ( 70 cm long ), heron like animal that mainly preyed on fish and other water animals. the skin comes mostly from the Great or Eurasian Bittern, but I strayed away from its body colours for a more redundant ( too redundant I fear, but it isn't that important ). I still like the outcome. the skin isn't excellent, I know, but at least better than one made with paint, and for a two hour work, it isn't that bad.
I DLed your ca....ichthyosaur, psitacosaurus, istiodactylus and one other I forgot. I have been looking for your stuff cause you've done some things that I have not seen other people do.

People enjoy realism so there are more remakes then there are new things. I hope to see more pterosaurs, ichthyosaurs, ect from you. Talent is something few see.

Rudyn
Member Avatar

I like your and use your swinter dinos/Anatarctick titanosaur,Antarctopelta,Psicattosaurus,Olorotitan,Trinisaura,Muttabutrasaurus,Klieskus/I also use your Istiodactylus and Caypullisaurus and your Paramylodon and your Therizinosaurus and Lambeosaurus and Giraffoideas.

I also saw your animals here/and also in other zoos/:D:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Round_Table/topic/9291137/1/#new
http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Round_Table/topic/9175826/1/
http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Round_Table/topic/8993000/12/

For Pneumatoraptor fodori: Finally a dino from my county. :D
Edited by Rudyn, Dec 7 2013, 04:11 PM.

philly
Member Avatar

Thank you for the comments. I have reinstalled Spore ( finally with working patch 5 ) and now finally managed to make an account ( no more "." in my password ), but somehow I can't connect with the spore server. Does anyone else also have that problem ?

Hamikins
Member Avatar
You will respect my authoratah.

Stupid spore. I just can't create an account. Maybe I should try again *sigh*

the dark phoenix
Member Avatar
King of wonderlandia

I have not been on spore in a while. So I don't know.

philly
Member Avatar

Project 2: Velociraptor mongoliensis

Posted Image

The reason this is PU is simple. It sucks. Yellow is probably the worst colour for a skin in my opinion. But since the novel Velociraptor looked like that, it had to be. The reason I made this is that I might probably make a JP S&T and in my opinion the novel canon beats the movie one. The model is just a 4-minute edit of the Pneumatoraptor and so it doesn't meet my modelling standards.

( BTW: I don't even Velociraptor like that, for me it is more in the grey-blue or white ( thank you, Dinosaur Planet ) direction )

Terrena Laxamentum
Member Avatar
There is always something going on...

It pretty good to me.

Furka
Member Avatar

not the most realistic skin i've seen, but it's JP, so I think it looks nice.
oddly enough, my edition of TLW has raptors with green stripes instead of brown (unlike the ones in JP which are the same colour as yours).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Robbie
Member Avatar
●■♥WHY?♥■●

I can't see much texture. xD But that is the reason(as you said) is it's PU. But I think the model is great and doesn't looks like a 4-minute edit, Because it looks amazing ! Overall I love it. ;)

Posted Image Oviraptor
Member Avatar

Great work! But I thought Crichton described the raptors as a more tannish with yellow hues..

davidy12
No Avatar

I agree with Ovi, also (personal preference) shouldn't it have no feathers? Other then that epic work buddy.
Edited by davidy12, Jan 2 2014, 03:27 PM.

philly
Member Avatar

Thank you, I thought of it as more yellowish, basically since most artwork of the novel Velociraptor show it yellow.

davidy12: Bah, I won't rape a Velociraptor by plucking its feathers. First there are no reasons to say it didn't have feathers, in fact it is only said it had scales on the head ( mine also has ) , secondly I won't use any dromaeosaur without feathers so it would be kind of weird to make one for myself that I won't use :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Game Designing · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: